HP Deskjet 2742e is an all-in-one printer that can easily handle printing, scanning, and copying tasks. Whether you are working from home or running a small business, the DeskJet 2742e can simplify your daily printing needs. However, before you can start using this printer, you need to download the necessary drivers on your computer. HP DeskJet 2742e driver download process is essential to make your printer work, and in this article, we will guide you through the complete procedure. So, let’s get started.
HP DeskJet 2742e driver. Printer, scanner and WiFi installation software. Operating systems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Apple macOS 12.x – 10.12 / Mac OS X 10.11.
- Category: All-in-One Inkjet + WiFi.
- Software: Scanner and printer driver installer.
- Language of the available files: English, others.
Windows 11, 10 Wireless and USB drivers 32 / 64 bits
|HP DeskJet 2742e driver Option A||Download|
|HP DeskJet 2742e Option B(1)(2)||Install|
Which option to use?
Option A: Ideal to configure and connect the equipment for the first time to the WiFi network. It’s also recommended if you would rather not sign up for an HP account.
Option B: If you have previously connected the device to the WiFi network, this option will be easier to use, note that you will need to have an HP account to use the equipment.
- If you are asked to sign in to a Microsoft Store account, you can either sign in, create one or close the sign in screen and continue to install the HP Smart app.
- If you are using a VPN, you will need to disconnect from it before starting the download.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 USB drivers 32 / 64 bits
|HP DeskJet 2742e Printer and scanner drivers||Download|
macOS / Mac OS X
|HP DeskJet 2742e Printer and scanner drivers||Install|
This software will help you to install your printer and connect it to the wireless network.
- Microsoft: Windows 11 64 bit, Windows 10 32 / 64-bit, Windows 8 32 / 64-bit, Windows 7 32 / 64-bit.
- macOS: 12.x Monterey, 11.x Big Sur, 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra.
Drivers and software version
- Windows wireless driver: v14.1.4 (HP Easy Start).
- Windows: v51.4.4865
- Mac: Not available.
Languages, detailed information
- Windows: English, Spanish, Arabic, BG, Czech, German, Danish, EE, Finnish, French, Greek, HR, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, LT, LV, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, RO, Russian, Northern Sami, SI, SK, TC, Thai, Turkish, UA, VN, Chinese.
- Mac: Multi-language.
Available installation files
- Printer driver.
- Scanner driver.
- Wireless connection utility.
- Setup utility.
- Features: Printer with scanner and copier.
- Standard Interfaces: USB 2.0 High-Speed,Wireless 802.11ac (Dual band), Bluetooth.
How to Install HP DeskJet 2742e driver on Windows?
1. Click on the “Download” button and save the file to your computer.
2. Once the download is complete, locate the file in your downloads folder and double-click on it to start the installation.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process, including accepting the license agreement and choosing your preferred settings.
4. Connect your HP DeskJet 2742e printer to your computer and turn it on. Your computer should automatically recognize the printer and install the necessary drivers.
5. If the printer is not detected, you may need to manually add it by going to “Devices and Printers” in the Control Panel and clicking on “Add a printer.” Choose “HP” as the manufacturer and select the HP DeskJet 2742e model from the list.
6. Once the printer is installed, you can test it by printing a test page or document to ensure that it is working properly.